UFC 302 Ceremonial Weigh-in
Elizeu Zaleski | Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

Elizeu Zaleski’s rematch with Nicolas Dalby is off.

The UFC announced Tuesday that Dalby has been forced out of a scheduled welterweight bout with Zaleski that was to take place Saturday at UFC Vegas 100. Stepping in for Dalby on just days’ notice is UFC newcomer Zach Scroggin.

Dalby’s withdrawal was first reported by MMA Junkie.

Zaleski and Dalby previously fought in May 2015 at an event in Brazil that served as the debut for both fighters. It was Dalby who was victorious on that day, leaving the octagon with a split decision victory in hand. There is no word yet on whether the rematch is being considered for a re-booking in the future.

Saturday’s bout is a pivotal one for Zaleski (24-8-1), who turns 38 this month. The Brazilian veteran is winless in his past two bouts, a loss to Randy Brown and a majority draw against Rinat Fakhretdinov.

Scroggins, 28, is undefeated in seven pro bouts. He has spent his entire career competing for Missouri’s Fighting Alliance Championship and in his most recent outing, he won a vacant welterweight title with a unanimous decision win over former Bellator and Strikeforce fighter Zak Bucia.

MMA Fighting – All Posts

Chael Sonnen will join the world in watching the highly anticipated showdown between Jon Jones and Stipe Miocic.

The UFC 309 heavyweight title fight at Madison Square Garden in NYC has fans buzzing about who will emerge as the greatest heavyweight of all time.Jones is heavily favored to win, but Miocic, a former UFC heavyweight champion, is eager to prove his doubters wrong.

Unlike Jones’ swift submission of Ciryl Gane to capture the vacant heavyweight title at UFC 285, Sonnen believes Jones might face a much tougher challenge in Miocic.

“Well, Stipe’s old, but not much older than Jon,” Sonnen said on his YouTube channel. “I won’t argue with you if you tell me that Stipe is old by fighter standards, but I would argue if you told me Jon was young. Do you believe that Jon can just take Stipe down whenever he wants? If you do believe that, remember, that’s something Daniel Cormier couldn’t do. In one of their fights, there were two takedowns, and Stipe got them both. I’m just reminding you: Do you believe that Jon can just take Stipe down?”

Sonnen also believes the stand-up advantage lies with Miocic, who he thinks has more power in his strikes than Jones.

Continue Reading Chael Sonnen Reveals The Two Things Stipe Miocic Has Two Things Going For Him Against Jon Jones at MMA News.

MMA News

UFC

Jury sworn in for civil case against Conor McGregor over alleged sexual assault submitted by /u/doctor6
[link] [comments]

MMA: Mixed Martial Arts


UFC 222: Caraway v Stamann
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

Bryan Caraway, a former UFC veteran, is back in hot water after he failed to appear at a pre-trial conference hearing in Washington state over an insurance fraud case that launched all the way back in 2021.

The criminal investigations unit posted the latest update to the “most wanted list” with Caraway at the very top after he failed to appear at a recent hearing in the case. Caraway was previously placed on the most wanted list after the investigation first launched but he eventually reached out to schedule an arraignment hearing.

Here’s the update from the office of the insurance commissioner in Washington state.

“Caraway failed to appear for Pre-Trial Conference after being charged with Forgery, False Statement on Vehicle Application Certificate of Title, False Claims or Proof in excess of $ 1500, and Attempted Theft.”

Caraway was initially charged after he allegedly stole an ATV from his ex-girlfriend and fellow UFC veteran Miesha Tate and then filed a fraudulent insurance claim over the vehicle.

“According to the investigation, Caraway reported the theft of a 2015 Polaris RZR all-terrain vehicle from his property in Richland in December 2018,” the insurance commission wrote in a statement released back in 2021. “He bought a policy for it from GEICO on Dec. 21 and filed the claim on Dec. 24. He told GEICO that he bought the vehicle and contents, including helmets, a battery charger and spare tire, for $ 18,500 and provided a title showing his ex-girlfriend gifted it to him in January 2018.

“The investigation showed evidence that Caraway forged the title and that the vehicle was not in fact stolen but was owned by and in possession of the ex-girlfriend. Caraway withdrew the claim and GEICO referred the case to Kreidler’s CIU (criminal investigation unit) as required by state law.”

If Caraway is convicted, he faces potential jail time and fines.

The now 40-year-old former bantamweight contender last fought in the UFC in 2018 when he suffered a knockout loss to Pedro Munhoz. He fought only one time after exiting the UFC with Caraway picking up a win in Battlefield FC in 2019.

MMA Fighting – All Posts

Jury sworn in for civil case against Conor McGregor over alleged sexual assault submitted by /u/doctor6
[link] [comments]

MMA: Mixed Martial Arts


UFC Fight Night: Romanov v Nascimento
Alexander Romanov | Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC

Alexandr Romanov’s UFC future is up in the air despite coming off of a win in his most recent fight.

At this past Saturday’s UFC Edmonton event, Romanov scored a unanimous decision win over Rodrigo Nascimento. The bout was the last of the heavyweight veteran’s UFC contract and, as of now, he has not re-signed with the promotion. His departure from the active roster was first reported by UFC Roster Tracker.

MMA Fighting’s Damon Martin confirmed with officials that Romanov is no longer signed to the UFC. This news does not preclude Romanov returning to the promotion with a new contract, but as of now he is free to sign with any promotion.

Romanov (18-3) has competed 10 times for the UFC, compiling a 7-3 record during that stretch. The 33-year-old Moldovan surged up the rankings with a 5-0 start to his octagon career, which included finishes in four of those fights. He holds notable wins over Blagoy Ivanov, Juan Espino, and Marcos Rogerio de Lima, but is just 2-3 in his past five fights.

MMA Fighting – All Posts

Interview
| BJPenn.com

Diaz Makes Fan Fight For Autograph

by Site Admin ~ November 5th, 2024

Instagram – Nate Diaz

Nate Diaz had a playful street spar with a fan asking him to sign some UFC gloves. It was definitely a better experience than some Nick Diaz fans got recently.

The Diaz brothers are an interesting pair, and while the two certainly have their similarities, they’re definitely their own men when it comes to how they handle fan interactions.

The elder legend Nick Diaz has never gotten comfortable in the public eye and has had title shots canceled after no-showing press conferences and media obligations. To this day Nick has a well-earned reputation for being extremely unreliable when it comes to appearances, be it a sponsored meet and greet or jiu jitsu seminar. Even when it comes to his fights these days, there’s serious questions surrounding whether he’ll show up.

So it should be no surprise that the reluctant star’s $ 209 Cameos aren’t the best. But Nick is now being accused of straight up scamming his fans, recording multiple Cameos that were just several seconds of a black screen so he could collect payment.

Compare that to Nick’s younger brother Nate Diaz, who recently gave the full interactive experience to a fan looking to get some UFC gloves signed.

“This dude pulled up on me to sign these gloves so I made him fight me,” Nate wrote on his Instagram stories.

While there’s plenty of sports memorabilia opportunists going around looking to get stuff signed just so they can sell it, this fan knows his stuff: he throws Shara Magomedov’s double bullet at Diaz before eating a playful jab to the face from Nate.

“He lost tho,” Nate added in a second Story showing him taking down the fan, who was clearly having a great time. “Shoutout to the homie, he was down to fight.”

As far as value goes, we’d say Nate clearly beats out Nick for a positive fan interaction, at least these days. It’s really all about catching them at the right moment, though. We’ve heard lovely things about Nick from people who meet him outside the context of celebrity meetups. And Nate is definitely willing to punk you or pop you if the vibes are off.

So just be chill if you’re gonna interact with the Diaz brothers. Unless you pay one of them $ 209 for a blank Cameo. Then you have a right to be less chill.

MMAmania.com – All Posts

Shavkat Rakhmonov says he would like to fight Usman for an interim title at UFC 310. submitted by /u/OverStatement500
[link] [comments]

MMA: Mixed Martial Arts

Copyright © 2010-2026 CombatSports.org All Rights Reserved.